Last updated: 12th August 2022
This Coins Policy ("Coins Policy") govern your use of our Coins feature ("Coins Feature") on our website located at https://sharechat.com and/or the ShareChat mobile application (collectively, the "Platform") and is made available by Mohalla Tech Pvt. Ltd. ("Sharechat", "Company", "we", "us" and "our"), a private company established under the laws of India having its registered office at No.2 26, 27 1st Floor, Sona Towers, Hosur Rd, Krishna Nagar, Industrial Area, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029.The terms "you" and "your" refer to the user of the Platform.
Our Platform helps you stay in touch with your friends and enables you to share images, videos, music, status updates, and more in your preferred regional language. We understand your preferred content and personalize your newsfeed to show you posts, pictures, videos, and suggest content available on our Platform ("Service/Services").
You can now license virtual gifts/digital goods (such as stickers, gifs, banners etc) to our users ("Gifts"). You can send such gifts by acquiring Coins ("Coins/Coin") using our authorised payment methods and through payment providers made available and authorized by us. Do note that Coins/Gifts cannot be exchanged for cash, or legal tender.
- The price of the Coins will be displayed at the point of purchase. All charges and payments for Coins will be made in the currency specified at the point of purchase through the relevant payment mechanism as set out by us.
- You will be responsible for the payment of any Coins purchased by you. Once your payment has been made, your user account will be credited with the number of Coins purchased.
- Coins can be used to purchase store items that can be used by users to customise their profiles. Coins can also be used to send gifts to other users. Coins cannot be exchanged for cash, or legal tender, or currency of any state, region, or any political entity, or any other form of credit.
- Coins can only be used on our Platform and as a part of our Services and cannot be combined or used in conjunction with other promotions, coupons, discounts or special offers, except those designated by us.
- No Coins may be assigned or transferred to any other user of the Platform or any third party. The sale, barter, assignment, or other disposal of any Coins, other than by us, is expressly prohibited. Any violation of this restriction may result in termination of your account on the Platform, forfeiture of the Coins from your account, and/or you may be subject to liability for damages, litigation and transaction costs.
- Accrued Coins do not constitute property and are not transferable: (i) upon death; (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter; or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
- You agree that we have the right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate such Coins, where we have a valid reason to do so such as where we reasonably believe you have violated this Coins Policy, you are in breach of any applicable law or regulation or for legal, security or technical reasons and that we will have no liability to you based on our exercise of this right. If we decided to eliminate Coins from our Services completely, we will do so by providing reasonable notice to you.
You acquire Gifts by redeeming the Coin available in your account on the Platform. You can send these Gifts to other users as well as receive Gifts from other users on the Platform. Do note that Gifts sent or received by you cannot be exchanged for cash, or legal tender. When a user sends a gift to another user, the value of the gift received is shown in the recipient’s account in the form of Diamonds ("Diamonds"). Diamonds cannot be converted into Coins and vice versa. ShareChat has the right to change the value of such Diamonds as per its discretion.
- Gifts constitute a limited license to certain features of digital products and services. The conversion/ redemption rate between each Coin and Gift will be displayed on our Platform.
- Published prices include taxes where required under applicable laws of your jurisdiction.
- You agree that we have the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate such exchange rate as we deem fit in our sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that we will have no liability to you based on our exercise of such right.
- Except as otherwise set out in this Coin Policy, all conversions/ redemptions of Coins into Gifts are final. We do not offer refunds in any manner.
- Gifts cannot be converted into or exchanged for Coins or cash or be refunded or reimbursed by us for any reason.
- Gifts exchanged or received by any user do not constitute property and are not transferable: (i) upon death; (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter; or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
- We may replace previously exchanged copies of Gifts, if we determine in our sole discretion that the Gifts exchanged or received by a user are corrupted or otherwise damaged. We will not charge additional fees for reissuing a corrupted or otherwise damaged Gift. If you receive a corrupted or otherwise damaged Gift, contact us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to terminate or take any other appropriate action against you if you are deemed to be abusing the Coins Feature or you are in breach of this Coins Policy.
- You are not permitted to use any Gift or Coin in lieu of receipt of any goods or services from any user on the Platform or otherwise.
- In relation to the user or an influencer generated content ("Creator"), you may use Gifts to rate or show your appreciation for an item of the Creator content that is uploaded by such Creator. This functionality is available on the Services, and you can contribute gifts to the Creators by clicking the "Send" button.
- When you select a Gift to be sent to a Creator and click on the Send button, this gift will be sent to the Creator’s account.
- Please note that when you give a Gift to a Creator, you do so publicly. Hence, other users of the Platform (including the recipient of the Gift) can view your name and the Gift details.
In the event you note any violation of this Coins Policy by a user, please report it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that multiple reports are made regarding violation of the Coins Policy, we may be compelled to terminate your account with us and block you from registering with us. If you wish to appeal any such removal, you may write to us at email@example.com.
There will be no refunds for any unused or unredeemed Coins or gifts, so we recommend you use them before terminating your account.
- If you should require a tax invoice for your purchase of Coins, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org citing your Order ID and our team will have this issued at the earliest.
- Coins/ Gifts are not treated as individual goods to be purchased by users but as licenced access to items issued by the Platform.
- Coins and Gifts associated with your account will be extinguished once you delete your account from our Platform.
- Coins cannot be used for trading on the internet.
- You are solely responsible for the Coins/ Gifts you purchase on the Platform and you agree that we will have no liability or responsibility with respect to such Coins/ Gifts.
- We reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion as to what constitutes a violation.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change portions of this Coins Policy at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date on which these terms were last updated.