Last updated: 10th March 2021
This chatroom policy ("Chatroom Policy") governs your use of our chatroom feature ("Feature") on our website located at https://sharechat.com and/or the ShareChat mobile application (collectively, the "Platform") and is made available by Mohalla Tech Pvt. Ltd. ("Sharechat", "Company", "we", "us" and "our"), a private company established under the laws of India having its registered office at No.2 26, 27 1st Floor, Sona Towers, Hosur Rd, Krishna Nagar, Industrial Area, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029. The terms "you" and "your" refer to the user of the Platform.
Our Platform helps you stay in touch with your friends and enables you to share images, videos, music, status updates, and more in your preferred regional language. We understand your preferred content and personalize your newsfeed to show you posts, pictures, videos, and suggest content available on our Platform ("Service/Services").
When you use the Feature on the Platform, you agree to abide by the following rules ("Rules") at all times. You must:
- use a real name and identity on the Service;
- not engage in abuse, bullying, or harassment of any person or groups of people. We urge you to engage in polite conversations;
- not discriminate against, engage in hateful conduct directed at, or threaten violence or harm against any person or groups of people;
- not share, threaten to share, or incentivize the sharing of other people's private information, pictures and other information without their prior permission;
- not transcribe, record, or otherwise reproduce and/or share information obtained on the Platform without prior permission;
- not engage in any conversations or upload any content that violates any intellectual property or other proprietary rights;
- not spread false information or spam, or artificially amplify or suppress information;
- not share or promote information (or synthetic or manipulated media) that is intended or likely to cause harm to any person or groups of people, including minors; and
- not spread misinformation and disinformation that is likely to cause harm or mislead the users or general public at large.
- may not use the service for the purpose of conducting any unauthorized or illegal activities as per applicable laws.
You can decide who you interact with on the Platform:
- Unfollow: You can unfollow a user at any time. To do so, navigate to the user’s profile and tap on the button that says "Following" to unselect it. They won’t be notified, and you won’t receive any further notifications about their activity.
- Block: You can block a user at any time. Blocked users will not be able to see or join any room that you create or in which you are a moderator or admin.
In the event you note any violation of this Chatroom Policy/Rules by a user, please report it at email@example.com. In the event that multiple reports are made regarding violation of the Chatroom Policy, we may be compelled to terminate your account with us and block you from registering with us. If you wish to appeal any such removal, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users on the Platform and you agree that we will have no liability or responsibility with respect to those interactions.
- We reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion what constitutes a violation.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change portions of this Chatroom Policy at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date on which these terms were last updated.
- We never charge you for enabling virtual gifting box option in Chatrooms. Please refrain from doing so or if you find such activities on the Platform, kindly report it to email@example.com.